- Brian Ketelsen
This post is a change from the usual technical content. I made my own Egg Bites this morning, inspired by the delicious ones I like to get at Starbucks.
- Preheat your oven to 325 Fahrenheit
- Muffin Pan
- Vegetable Spray
- I started by cutting a vertical slice off a new rasher of bacon so I had a dozen 2 inch pieces of bacon. I fried up the bacon until it was pretty crispy, then drained it and blotted it to get as much of the grease off of it as possible.
- Then, I sprayed a muffin pan made for pretty decent sized muffins with vegetable spray to prevent sticking.
- Next, I coated the bottom of the muffin pan with shredded cheddar cheese.
- I placed a few pieces of bacon on top of the shredded cheese.
- Next I whipped eggs in a bowl, then poured them over the cheese/bacon in the muffin pans. I filled the muffin pan roughly 2/3 full. That was about 2 eggs per muffin slot. This will vary based on your muffin pan size.
- Finally, I sprinkled more cheese on top.
I baked them for 12 minutes initially, they weren't done. So I added another 6, then another 2 minutes. It ended up being perfect at 20 minutes. Your mileage will vary based on your oven, and the size of muffin pan.
Next I'll vary the ingredients. Keep in mind they'll get soggy if you add wet ingredients (I'm specifically thinking of things like red and green peppers which hold a lot of water). Lots of different combinations sound delicious, and they seem to be keeping well in the refridgerator. Delicious!